Pre-Configured G Code Conversion Software
innovative & groundbreaking
In an effort to employ the best machine for the job, today’s shop floors are a mix of CNC machine types and CNC controls. With each machine requiring different G code formatting … the inevitable result is “control incompatibility” … a major cause of shop floor bottlenecks and reduced output.
Since 1986 when Raytheon Corporation employed Kentech Inc. to solve their control incompatibility issues … Kentech Inc. has been a leader and pioneer in G code conversion software. Our applications have helped thousands of manufacturers realize SEAMLESS control compatibility.
why g code conversion
There are many reasons why Kipware G code conversion software can help … have you encountered any of these ?
- You developed a CNC program for one machine only to find out that the machine time was not available … and you couldn’t run the job on the other machine unless you re-program it all over again.
- You feel trapped into buying new equipment with the same CNC controls as the ones you now own for fear of the “control incompatibility” issue.
- You are a machine tool salesperson who loses sales because of the “control incompatibility” issue.
- Your shop is divided and limited because some programmers know one control and some know another control.
CNC XChange VS. Re-Posting
Whether buying a new machine or having to run a job on another machine ...
G code conversion through CNC XChange will save your shop time and money.
When you need to run a proven G code program on another machine with a different format … re-posting the program through your CAD/CAM system costs you time and money. Oftentimes the program running on the shop floor contains edits … maybe minor, maybe major … speeds, feeds, chamfer edits, etc.. When you re-post that program you lose all those little subtleties … which make the difference between a good part and a part out-of-spec.
Purchasing a new machine with a new CNC control can mean hours of re-programming or re-posting to get your product line back up to speed. Does that really seem like the best approach? It’s not. The best approach is to convert those proven G code programs into the new format … and retain all the subtleties and shop-floor-edits to ensure the new part is identical to the old part. CNC XChange can do that … in seconds … not hours.
Shop floors with multiple CNC controls.
Machine Tool Sales Professionals confronted with control incompatibility.
Clients who want to eliminate post processor issues and cost.
Clients who wish to easily convert proven G code programs from an older machine for use on their new machine.
Clients who wish to purchase the machine and equipment that they want … that will best fit their needs .. without worrying about control incompatibility.
- CNC XChange is a “hard coded” application … meaning all of the standard G code conversions are built into the source code and converted automatically by the application.
- Fanuc / Okuma Version … this version works with ALL Fanuc and Okuma Control models regardless of the name of the machine tool builder … and ALSO ALL “fanuc compatible” controls including Haas … Mitsubishi … Fadal … DMG Mori … and many more.
- Questions about your machine / control … contact Sales@KentechInc.com.
- In addition to the standard G code conversions that are built into the source code and performed automatically … the CNC XChange design contain our ground breaking USER OPTION settings where users can further customize the conversion and define their own specific conversions … such as M codes specific to their machine or movement commands specific to their programming style.
- Powerful options are also available for LIVE TOOL / Y AXIS programming … Fanuc Macro / Okuma User Task programming … 4 AXIS programming … and other multi-function programming.
- Standard off-the-shelf versions of CNC XChange include :
- Fanuc / Haas / Okuma TURNING Version
- Fanuc / Haas / Okuma MILLING Version
- Fanuc / Haas / Okuma STUDIO Version ( includes both milling and turning )
- Acramatic 2100 to Fanuc/Okuma/Haas MILLING Version
- Acramatic 2100 to Fanuc TURNING Version
- Fanuc to Fagor MILLING Version
- CUSTOM DEVELOPMENT for specific conversions not available in off-the-shelf versions are available directly from the developer of CNC XChange … Kentech Inc.
- Contact KentechInc.com with your conversion requirements to learn more. Get the most out of G code conversion.
- Kentech Inc. offers engineering and consulting services to assist in your G code conversion project. From simple set-up assistance to full conversion services. Click our CONSULTING SERVICES menu in the top menu bar for more.
Since 1986, Kentech Inc. has been a leader, innovator and pioneer in G code conversion software and using those years of experience have built in MANY unique and powerful options creating a G code conversion application unmatched in the industry.
Our Client List includes MANY Fortune 500 companies and Industry Leaders …